ImageThis is Daisy. Daisy is an asshole. And she hates dollhouses. Or at least she hates mine. In the past few weeks she has eaten or attempted to eat at least half of the things I made or am currently using for the dollhouse project. I’m talking…I made a tiny watermelon out of polymer clay, and I was so very proud of it! One day I found it’s mangled remains on the floor and I knew there was only one dog to blame. Also? She ate HALF A PACKAGE of chalk, and her poo was purple.

She’s lucky she’s cute. And I think she really likes me, so that helps her case. She just can’t help herself. She likes to eat stuff. Mostly stuff that isn’t food.

Anyway! So I’ve been pretty terrible about updating the blog. Mostly real life has been busy. I’ve also been using my spare time to get my office organized as Erich and I prepare (slowly) to move in the next few months. But I’m getting back to it, now, and I am happy with the progress I’ve made.

So far, I have nearly finished all the wainscotting for the walls, as well as almost all the trim. I’m not 100% convinced I really like the trim and may decide to redo it after I’ve finished applying all the coats of paint that I need to apply to make it look like real painted wood. My next step will be to paint the walls with the pretty blue I got.

Here are some pictures!

First, the unpainted wainscotting:

ImageImageImage

 

And the unpainted trim for up by the ceiling:

ImageImage

 

And now, here are some photos of a few pieces of both with their current level of paint. I’m not entirely satisfied, to be honest, they look a little…textured. I’m still trying to decide if that’s cool or not. Bear in mind I haven’t “cleaned” the wainscotting yet, so it’s still a little “grungy” in texture. I’m hoping a get a dremel rotary tool for my birthday so I can have an easier time with the fine sanding work (hint hint, hubby <3).

ImageImage

ImageImage

 

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are some of the tiny things I’ve been working on. The first is a fish pond. I bought the pond from the dollhouse store, but I made the fish out of polymer clay. The bottom color is chalk. I still need to do the top layer of resin, which is on today’s list of things to do, so here’s a current picture and I’ll make sure to post a finished product later. 🙂 (I learned that ModPodge is not good for filling large spaces like this.)

Image

And here is tiny watermelon 2.0. I still need to go in with a tiny black sharpie to add “seeds”, and then make a little cutting board to glue it onto, but…I am quite pleased otherwise!

Image

 

I also made this tiny bowl of plums, and this french loaf. Well, it’s a first attempt at a french loaf; the brown chalk I had was a little too “red” and the clay was a little too “white”, so now that I have different clay I’ll be re-making this. Still, not bad for a first attempt! And yes, I know I said I wouldn’t be making any accessories until the construction work was done. I’m bad; deal with it.

Image

ImageImage

That’s all for now, folks! I’ll try to be better about updating now that I have a little more free time. 🙂

Advertisements