Whew! It’s been awhile. Sorry about that. πŸ™‚ But don’t worry, I am dedicating myself to updating once a week from here on out, on Sundays! We just got so busy moving and doing stuff that I haven’t had a chance, lately to even work on the dollhouse. But this week I did!

I decided to go ahead and scrap the idea of painting the walls. The paint isn’t rolling on as cleanly as I’d hoped, and it just doesn’t look right. Instead, I’m going to invest in some scrapbook paper that will look like paint instead of wallpaper. As a result, this week I went in and spray-painted the trim back to white, touched up spots that had been mice-chewed, and let that dry.

I also took the time to sand down the wood floors (they were really rough) and re-stain them. At least for the base floor; still have to build them for the middle floor and attic. Anyway, got them re-stained and sealed them with acrylic sealer so they look freshly polished. They are SO PRETTY. When I get the second layer on them this week, I’ll be sure to take pictures for you guys.

Also decided to pull the roof off the porch and make it a deck instead.

My goal for this week is to get the wood floors done and the painting as well, including painting the outside of the house (which I think is going to be green). Once it’s painted, I have plans to lay the wood for the deck and put bricks on the side of that “level”. It’s coming together in my mind now, which is really nice. I will also be taking measurements and then going to the craft store to pick up scrapbook paper.

Pictures to follow. πŸ™‚

Advertisements